Meet Jennifer DiGennaro
“Jen is authentic, deeply caring and deeply gifted. I am happy to refer my patients to her because I know there will be help. Jen’s kindness is transparent in all that she does.”
-Linda Squires, DC
I have been told I am
warm, open, caring and insightful. People also experience me as curious and kind, while also enthusiastic and engaging. I am known to be a champion and a catalyst for powerful change.
I originally founded Nourished Energy to help people step out of diet culture and into their bodies…
Then I quickly realized the often-common link between unresolved past hurts to current issues and symptoms…
From working with people experiencing devastating depressions and overwhelming anxieties…to body disconnection and binge eating…to troubled relationships, I could see the depth of the hurt. And as powerful as talk therapy is, there is more. I began to take trainings that brought the body, heart and spirit into the therapeutic relationship.
I welcome all people and am honored to work with the LGBTQIA+ community and people at the higher end of the weight spectrum. I move through the world in a smaller, white, cisgender body and work to dismantle my privilege daily. I am willing to learn from any mistakes and go on this journey with you if you will have me.
is an uncertain journey, thank you for considering working with me. I can’t make promises to outcomes, yet I can promise to support and encourage you using my:
- deep belief in the power of the therapeutic process
The work of therapy is sacred and though we may laugh together at times, I take the work seriously.
I go the distance with those I work with.
“Having supervised Jen, I can say with confidence that she practices from the heart. She engages her clients in the depths and complexity of their humanity with insightful care and palpable compassion. I trust Jen to be able to meet her clients where they are and help them experience healing.”
Bryan Nixon, MA, LPC Founder & Psychotherapist at Mindful Counseling GR
Bachelor of Science Degree in Behavioral Science
Master of Arts Degree in Professional Counseling
License & Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Michigan #6401018483
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Certified NeuroAffective Relational Model™ (NARM) Therapist
- Certified Body Trust Provider
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- Somatic & Attachment Focused Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Internal Family Systems
- Hakomi Mindfulness-Centered Somatic Psychotherapy
- Holistic Counseling
- Hungerwise™ Group Facilitator
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy with Dr. Susan Johnson: Attachment-based
interventions for couples in crisis
- International Association of Trauma Professionals
- National Eating Disorder Association
- Association for Size Diversity and Health
Michigan Eating Disorders Alliance: advocating for eating disorder prevention and awareness.
Women’s Resource Center: mentoring and supporting women in career transition.
Join the Nourished Energy Community
Seasonal holistic self-care tips, plus info on upcoming groups and special events, straight to your inbox four times a year.
Free Holistic Nourishment Checklist & Personalized Self-Care Plan when you join!
Jennifer DiGennaro MA LPC 1324 Lake Drive Suite 8 Grand Rapids, Michigan 49506